The chart below shows the number of trips made by children in one country in 1990 and 2010 to travel to and from school using different modes of transport

The chart below shows the number of trips made by children in one country in 1990 and 2010 to travel to and from school using different modes of transport.

The given diagram illustrates the number trips with different mode of transport in which children travel from home to school and vice versa in the year 1990 and 2010.
The initial impression can be seen from the graph is children used car more frequent to travel between two years while the number of trips using other mode of transport decreased.
In the year of 1990, children traveled to school on foot the most with over twelve millions trips were made, which is almost double the data of the number of trips used bicycle, walking and bus, and bus (roughly 6.1 millions, 5.9 millions and 7 millions respectively). Throughout 2010, all the figure for these category fell. The number trips in which children walked and walked and used buses dropped to about half of the figure of 1990, compares to a slight reduction in the number of travel made by bus (about 2 millions). The period from 1990 to 2010 witnessed a decrease of number of trips used bicycle, from over 6 millions to 2 millions.
In contrast, the number of car passenger almost tripled, from just over 4 millions in 1990 to about 11 millions in 2010.