The chart below shows the percentage of people who ate five portions of fruit and vegetables per day in the UK from 2001 to 2008

The bar chart illustrates the percentage of the British population that consumed five portions of fruit and vegetables daily over the course of 8 years from 2001.
Overall, the propotion of women was the highest in all years, followed by men and lowest for children. The percentages generally increased trend between 2001 and 2006 with a leveling off and decreaed between 2007 and 2008.
The rate of women rose steadily every year from about 22% in 2001 to 35% in 2006. In this same time, the percentages for children and man were constant in the first three years, at around 13% and 17% respectively. Both went up in the next of three years, so that in 2006, the percentages rised to 21% and 27%. In the last two years, the propotion of women had a slight decreasing. In contrast, the rate of children and men continued to increase until 2007, then in 2008 there declined slightly of about 2-3%.