Consumers are faced with increasing numbers of advertisements from competing companies. To what extent do you think are consumers influenced by advertisements? What measures can be taken to protect them?

The last 30 years have seen a significant increase of advertisements all over the world. In my view, advertisements are impacting human beings' life effectively. This essay will discuss how advertisements are able to affect the consumers’ life and what are the practical measures of protection might be applied -in particular - individuals' awareness and advertisements monitoring.

Firstly, nowadays it became more obvious that advertisements are controlling all aspects in our modern life-including food , clothes ,leisure time , ....etc. The commercial companies are using powerful ways such as famous celebrities to convince people purchasing their products without considering the harmful consequences of their products. As a clear example, in 1980 " clint eastwood" showed in a cigarette advertisement which contributed extremely to spread smoking among the teenagers according to a public survey undertaken at this time.

Secondly , due to the power and the potential negative impact of advertisements, the protection from advertisements' effect is become mandatory more than ever before .It is believed that governments should monitor advertisements closely to ensure that they don’t have a negative influence on individuals’ health and attitude .Some countries established a governmental regulating authority to undertake this task and control the published advertisements .Moreover ,specific permits are required to prove their safety prior to start marketing them.
In addition, the awareness campaigns could reduce the effect of advertising significantly .For instance , the campaigns against smoking all over the world have decreased the number of smokers drastically through spotting on the detrimental diseases such as cancer resulting from smoking .

In conclusion, I reaffirm that in our materialistic life, advertising is an effective tool to shape people's thinking. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to take further steps by the governments to counterweight its effect.

the protection from advertisements' effect is become mandatory
the protection from advertisements' effect has become mandatory
the protection from advertisements' effect is becoming mandatory

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.

----------------------