Essay topics: Immigration has a major impact on society. What are the main reasons for immigration? To what consequences can it lead?
The trend towards people moving to foreign countries to settle down is increasingly prevalent, which then has a major impact on society. In my opinion, while the main reason for this is to develop a better life, the consequence including overpopulation can be more damaging.
In terms of better lives, people take advantage of immigration to search for a better living condition due to a wide range of opportunities offered. These opportunities include job positions, welfare, and accommodation, all of which benefit people to heighten their living standards. For example, Africans, who often face a lot of difficulties such as poverty, accommodation deficiency, and food scarcity, usually leave their country and start a new life in America. Consequently, people are more likely to have a better place, a well-paid job, and even no longer concern the problem of lacking food on a regular basis.
Apart from the reason expressed above, this poses a problem to people in their society because of the effect of overpopulation. Individuals, who settle down in foreign countries, increase the density of population and also raise several issues such as the lack of residential areas, the overcrowded population in metropolises, and traffic congestion. This development adversely affects immigrants because they are likely to experience these difficulties in the first place. For example, immigrants, transferring to India, tend to live in low-quality houses and apartments, or even slums because crowded population makes it virtually impossible to find a proper place to live in.
In conclusion, immigration is becoming evident nowadays due to the seek for better lives. However, this could be a major problem in society because of the effect of overpopulation, which causes immigrants to experience an indecent life.
- Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? (67)
- Shops in the countryside are fewer and fewer, so people tend to go to stores in the towns and cities, and then lead to their inconvenient life. Car use also causes pollution. Is this phenomenon more harmful than the end? (73)
- Nowadays, animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favour of (56)
- In many parts of the world girls and boys are educated together in co-educational or mixed schools. Some people think that girls and boys benefit from being educated separately in single-sex schools. To what extent do you agree with this view? (73)
- Immigration has a major impact on society. What are the main reasons for immigration? To what consequences can it lead? (78)
- The availability of entertainment such as video games on handheld devices is harmful to individuals and to the society they live in. To what extent you agree or disagree? (84)
- In some countries, the difference in age between parents and children is generally greater than it was in the past. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (73)
- Some people think that cars should be banned in big city centres. Do you agree or disagree? (67)
- Some people say the government should spend money on providing faster public transport while others believe the government should give priority to other factors such as cost and the effect on the environment. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? (78)
- Some people today believe that the world's population is unsustainable and will eventually lead to a global crisis. Other people believe that the world population increase is necessary and beneficial as it creates the growth of the world's econo (73)