Essay topics: News plays an important part of most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead?
It is true that news is considered to be an integral part of many people’s lives. There are certain reasons why it is essential for people, and there seem to be two main reasons involved the sheer amount of negative news. Focusing on only positive news would be incorrect.
Perhaps the main reason why news is necessary in people’s lives is that they can inform people about international as well as national changes. If people are aware of them, they will be able to adjust to new situations easily. For instance, reading newspapers, listening to news bulletins on radio, watching news on TV and on the internet can help people to find out new information, ranging from new laws to international actions and weather forecasts, all of which are important for people.
It seems that there is more bad news than good news. Probably the major reason for this is that it is crucial to spread certain types of news, so that people will know about them. For example, news about terroristic actions, how they recruit people for themselves are important to be spread, so that people will be ready for possible circumstances. Furthermore, Journalists might want to encourage people to use their newspapers or radio channels in order to make money in this competitive world. People appear to be eager to know about bad news. It can be seen that news on the internet about burglary is read ten times that news about scientific research on ecology.
Concentrating only on good news would be wrong. Firstly, there are both positive and negative news that people need to know. If news were not published because of its negative context, people would not be able to find out about them even though they are important for them. For example, expectations of flooding, storming and corrupt governments’ actions should not be limited to be reached the public. Finally, if the media focused only on good news, they would not do their job completely, leading to loss of public interest.
In conclusion, due to the fact that news is informative, they play a vital role in people’s life. Many negative contexts and encouraging people to read news are the main factors why there are plenty of bad news. However, only good news ought not to be focused on by the media.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||ruby_73||73||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||Kaur Mandeep||73||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||Kaur Mandeep||78||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||SamNiz||67||Read full essay|
|8 months 2 weeks ago||chinmay011||89||Read full essay|
|9 months 6 days ago||rakeshsoni86||73||Read full essay|
|9 months 1 week ago||rakeshsoni86||73||Read full essay|
- News plays an important part of most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead? (73)
- Some people think that it would be better for large companies and industry to move to regional areas outside large urban centers. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (61)
- Living in a country where you have to speak in a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. (73)
- Some people say that music is a good way of bringing people of different cultures and ages together. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. (92)
- Some people say that music is a good way of bringing people of different cultures and ages together. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. (73)
- Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations. DISCUSS BOTH THESE VIEWS AND GIVE YOUR OWN OPINION. (67)
- some people say history is one of the most important school subjects. Other people think that, in today’s world, subjects like science and technology are more important than history. discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (73)