Nowadays many people choose to be self employed rather than work for a company or organization Why might this be the case What could be the disadvantages of being self employed

Nowadays many people choose to be self-employed, rather than work for a company or organization. Why might this be the case? What could be the disadvantages of being self-employed?

People nowadays are shifting from working under an organized company to working independently. There would be several reasons contributing to this but seeking independence stands out among other aspects. In my opinion, this practice still has a drawback when an individual is facing overloaded work.
To start with, a preference for working without any supervision is one of the key elements of this belief. From this perspective, the individual would have an opportunity to make his own decision with no prolonging procedures including submitting and waiting for approvals. Self-employed workers, as a result, can execute the action immediately when there is a hindrance while being able to place more emphasis on other pressing tasks simultaneously. Nevertheless, the practice of self-employment for someone's inexperience may occur when their works are overloaded.
Apparently, there is no doubt that unskilled entrepreneurs would face a tremendous amount of work when working on their own. In this regard, it would be a necessity to be a jack of all trades; however, having taken the responsibilities of an accountant, PR, or HR manager at the same time can be a burden. Consequently, they would end up burning out all their enthusiasm and wish they had never done it at all. And last, but not least – self-employed people may encounter the phase where they would go bankrupt if they can not have all the work done effectively.
To sum up, people want to be self-employed because they desire independence and the ability to make their own decision. Although being your own master has a downside in terms of the workload, I believe people would find a way to walk through this in the future.