Essay topics: 23.09.2017
Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.
Do you agree or disagree?
Many aver that only leisure activities that are educational in their nature are useful for progeny and thus spare time should be devoted to them. I do not agree with the prospect and below the reasons on which my stance is based will be discussed in details.
On the one hand, spending kids’ leisure time on educational activities brings a lot of fruits. Firstly, there are formative years from two to twelve when children’s brains and personalities are being shaped and studying, unearthing knowledge has advantageous impact on the development. Thus, the more they study via different activities the better. Secondly, the volume of information that must be absorbed by young individuals is immense and exploiting free time for learning the data as much as possible would allow them to achieve better academic at school and even college. In other words, implementation of the policy will have a great beneficial effect on kids school performance and overall development.
On the other hand, performing such leisure activities as chatting with pals, playing video games, watching popular movies and cartoons are important for children as well. Primarily, early age is very momentous period in life of any human bring during which not only brain structures are being developed but crucial social skills are being formed and mores of society are accepted. All of that should be acquired through interacting with other kids, adults and the environment. Additionally, a child is not an automaton that may endlessly perform an activity. In fact, offspring need have enough rest from studying and psychologists decisively demonstrated that entertainment such as playing computer or board games allow children to switch their attention on new activity and restore their ability to absorb new data. Thus, leisure activities that are not educational are useful as well.
To sum up, a point of view that descendants’ spare-time activities have to educate children and non-educational practices are useless appears to be incorrect due to benefits got by youngsters via performing the former ones.
- 05.10.2017The company you work for has decided to close the cafeteria as staff are not using it much. You are unhappy about it. Write a letter to the supervisor / director (someone in authority)- Asking not to close it- Inform what feel is the cause of st (89.5)
- 04.10.2017work with mistakes. Your colleague from a different town is coming next month and you are moving out of your current accommodation. Write a letter to the colleague to recommend they move into your house and say– Why are you moving to another (74.5)
- 04/10/2017Team activities can teach more skills for life than other activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (76.5)
- 04.10.2017Your colleague from a different town is coming next month and you are moving out of your current accommodation. Write a letter to the colleague to recommend they move into your house and say– Why are you moving to another house?– Describe yo (70)
- 03/10/2017Your photograph has won a first prize in the photography competition. This will be displayed in an exhibition. Write a letter inviting your friend to the exhibition and include-what the photograph about-where did you take it-what prize you have (93.5)
- 03/10/2017In some countries, children start school at the age of four and in other countries at the age of seven. Some people believe that early school start is affecting parent-child relationships.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of starting scho (78)
- 02/10/2017With an increasing population communicating via the internet and text messaging, face to face communication will become a thing of the past. To what extent do you agree? (79.5)
- 02.10.2017 You are unhappy about a plat to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter.Explain where you liveDescribe the problemGive reasons why you d (74.5)
- 01/10/2017Popular events like to football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.to what extent do you agree or disagree? (79.5)
- 01/10/2017Nowadays many parents believe that children’s usage of tablets or computers would be good for their future academic career. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such belief?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples (77)