Essay topics: News plays an important part of most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead?
News is a medium of getting connected to the events and incidents happening around the world. Most of the people consider news to be highly important in order to keep themselves updated. Bad news are broadcasted with higher frequency as compared to good, because it attracts majority of readers and listener. I certainly feel that reporters should also focus on good happenings too.
The fundamental reason for people deeming news as highly significant is owing to their urge of keeping themselves updated. News helps people in staying connected with every nook and corner of the world. To exemplify, students who are preparing for government jobs’ entrance exams, general knowledge is a key to success and news are the only medium to help them in this. Thus, news are source of information related to everything that’s going on in the world, satisfying the need of people to keep themselves updated.
Secondly, Media today is mostly focusing on showing bad incidents over good ones because these are easy attention gainer. No doubt, today news are being sold to earn money and bad news instantly increases the TRP of news channels and boosts up the sale of newspapers. To illustrate, when Indian army conducted surgical strikes on Pakistan’s militant camp, every news channel and newspaper was broadcasting the same news again and again. News 18 earned a lot during this time as compared to NDTV, which was not reporting this event. Hence, broadcasting bad news over good ones is chosen by editors and reporters to gain publicity.
Finally, News mediums should take it as responsibility and should showcase the fair face of society, by broadcasting the good news as well. This approach can help in creating a positive mindset in peoples’ mind; thereby effecting the society in a positive manner. To illustrate, In the month of June 2019, a news clip went viral showcasing a request made a young girl to save nature; resulting to tree plantation drives being organised in every country. This proves that good news has a power to leave a positive mark on people’s mind -- which should be paid attention by media.
To conclude, this essay discussed: firstly, significance of news for people because of their urge to keep themselves informed. Secondly, importance is paid to bad news which in brief is because of the easy attention gaining property of such news. Finally, the good news should also be focused upon, to which I strongly advocate, because of it’s positive impact on society.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||ruby_73||73||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||Kaur Mandeep||78||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||SamNiz||67||Read full essay|
|8 months 2 weeks ago||chinmay011||89||Read full essay|
|8 months 2 weeks ago||JakhongirRasulov||73||Read full essay|
|9 months 5 days ago||rakeshsoni86||73||Read full essay|
|9 months 1 week ago||rakeshsoni86||73||Read full essay|
- Some people believe that violence on television and in computer games has a damaging effect on the society. Others deny that these factors have any significant influence on people's behaviour. What is your opinion? (61)
- Some people say it is more important to plant trees in towns and cities than to build housing. Do you agree or disagree? (56)
- News plays an important part of most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead? (73)
- News plays an important part of most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead? (78)
- Some people believe that studying online is more effective than studying on campus while others disagree. Discuss both the views and provide your opinion. (84)
- Some people believe that the internet has brought people closer together by making the world smaller. Others disagree, claiming that the internet has made people and communities more isolated because they no longer need to leave home and interact with oth (84)
- Today, the quality of life in large cities is decreasing. Discuss the causes and solutions. (78)
- Big salary is much more important than job satisfaction. Do you agree or disagree?Provide relevant examples if necessary. (61)
- Some parents do not want their children to work part time while in school so that they canconcentrate on their studies. Other parents believe their kids should learn to manage study and workduties as this teaches them certain skills they cannot learn at s (84)
- Some parents do not want their children to work part time while in school so that they can concentrate on their studies. Other parents believe their kids should learn to manage study and work duties as this teaches them certain skills they cannot learn at (73)