Essay topics: Some people think that secondary school children should study international news as one of the school subjects. Other people think that it is a waste of valuable school time. What do you think? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
In recent times, many secondary schools have taken an initiative of including a dedicated subject on international news and made it a part of their academic curriculum. This step, I believe is a positive one, and will greatly enhance the general knowledge and global awareness of a child.
There are numerous positive underpinnings of studying about what’s happening around the globe. General knowledge, firstly, is greatly improved by studying these articles and watching the news. For instance, a student having a habit of reading news articles from credible sources such as the BBC, obviously, will have more knowledge on the current affairs of the world, which indeed is required in today’s competitive environment. Language skills, secondly, is naturally enhanced by reading these articles. A recent study at Cambridge University has concluded that, students who read a lot of news articles have shown to be more knowledgeable and have better communication skills.
On the other hand, few people argue that students have much more important subjects such as Mathematics and Sciences to focus on, and they must not waste time on other complimentary subjects. There is no denying the fact that core subjects are important, and they will always be. However, in today’s time, society requires students with overall knowledge alongside the mandatory ones. Therefore, knowing about the latest events happening around us is equally important. Other people, still argue that, the current affairs of the world is replete with disturbing events such as wars and crimes. Such news will have devastating impact on a child’s mentality. This is true to some extent, but a possible solution to this problem is that the school authorities can filter-out the content and present only positive articles instead of mentally disturbing ones.
From the above argument, it can be concluded that imparting students with useful and knowledgeable contents from credible and reputed sources of media-houses definitely is a great option and should be encouraged by all secondary schools.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 3 days ago||Jessica Nadal||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||ahmed shawky||56||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||kindaiIELTS||56||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||kindaiIELTS||73||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 days ago||rajib213||73||Read full essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||monika.ahuja200...||73||Read full essay|
|8 months 2 weeks ago||Sujith||73||Read full essay|
|2 years 7 months ago||mh1999||73||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 months ago||darshilbhayani92||67||Read full essay|
- Some products can be made quickly by a machine. Other items take a long time to be made by hand. As a buyer, which do you prefer and why? Give specific details and examples in your answer. (81.5)
- Some people think that keeping pets is good for children while others think it is dangerous and unhealthy. Which opinion do you agree with? Discuss both options and give examples. (73)
- Obesity is a serious problem in many countries, especially in rich countries. Discuss ways to solve the problem. Provide specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (11)
- In some countries, the number of shootings increase because many people have guns at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (84)
- Some people like to travel outside their country. Others would rather travel to tourist spots in their own country first, before travelling abroad. Which do you prefer to do and why? Include specific details and examples to support your choice. (89)
- Some people think that secondary school children should study international news as one of the school subjects. Other people think that it is a waste of valuable school time. What do you think? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant example (84)
- Some people think that a person improves their intellectual skills more when doing group activities. To what extent do you agree? Use specific details and examples to explain your view. (73)
- Some people think that all children should learn geography in school. However, some others think that it is more important to learn subjects that are more relevant to life. What is your opinion? (78)
- Today, the quality of life in large cities is decreasing. Discuss the causes and solutions. (11)
- Many governments in the world spend large amounts of money on art, which helps to improve the quality of people’s lives. However, governments should spend money on other things rather than art. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. (84)