Agree or disagree to solve the problem of present and future it is necessary to understand the past

It cannot be denied that history sometimes does repeat itself – what happened in the past might occur in a similar form in the present or future, and such a fact leads impressionable people to generate the opinion that we have to develop a good understanding of the past to solve problems now and in the future. However, such an idea needs to be scrutinized meticulously before a conclusion can be reached. As far as effectiveness, technology, and globalization are concerned, I hold the opinion that the present and future have diverged too far from the past, and we need to solve problems from whole new perspectives.
First and foremost, the major problems we are facing today are too distant from those from the past, and old doctrines are no longer effective. To be more specific, modern challenges such as large-scale food production, space exploration, and efficient energy generation and storage all require us to innovate and think from completely new perspectives; compared with studying old dogmas in an ivory tower, it is way more productive to have forerunning scientists conduct experiment sand research in modern laboratories. Practical problems exist due to their difficulty as most easy ones have already been resolved in the long process of our civilization, new and creative solutions need to be invented for our present and future.
Second, the fact that the development of technology has totally transformed our way of learning indicates that we no longer have to memorize the details from the past, but know where to find them. The invention of paper by the Chinese and movable-type printing by Gutenberg enabled the initial effective storage and spread of knowledge, which is then in the modern era lifted to a whole new magnitude by the invention and adoption of modern press, ways of transportation, and the revolutionary internet. Even for the complex problems in study or life, we no longer have to memorize every small detail of problem-solving, and a simple-looking up of the keywords online might get us help from an ancient scholar or a peer on the other end of the world. Had it not been for the progress in modern technology, we would never have been able to save ourselves from the tedious memorizing of the past.
Nevertheless, a voice arises that some philosophies from ancient texts can still be applied to today’s world since history repeats itself. Ironically, with the rapid progress of globalization on the basis of technological advancement, we now live in a much faster-paced and more diverse world. Cultures and people are no longer isolated from each other, and it is common to have a team of coworkers from everywhere in our study and work. As a result, we ought to learn how to unite people from various backgrounds to form the best synergy to tackle challenges, instead of drilling futilely in the piles from the past.
In terms of effectiveness, technology, and globalization, I strongly believe that we shall work and study in the present for now and future. While there are one thousand Hamlets in one thousand people’s eyes, I am confident that my opponents will compromise after being shown to my article.