Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Studying has almost always been the top priority of students. It prepares students to face the challenges and opportunities in the future. Some people believe that the high schools' students should be allowed to study the courses that they want to study; others would disagree, because they think, instead, those students should learn more about important basic subjects. In my view, students from high school should be allowed to study what they want for two important reasons.

The main reason is that by doing so students would be more motivated to study. Everyone has some least favorite subjects among all the ones that are taught in high school, and students have no choice but studying it. Students can be easily discouraged if they have to study something they don't like at all. For example, when I was in high school I disliked math very much. The complicated questions that presented in the exams drove me crazy. What's worse is that even if I much most of my efforts to it I was still unable to get an ideal grades. And there was also another subjects that I liked, Chinese. They are totally different. One is about logic and formulas, another is about studying poems and beautiful articles written by our ancestors. I was deeply attracted by the latter one. If I could studying more about what I liked, I would certainly be more enthusiastic about studying.

Another reason is that students can achieve more in this way. If such policy were allowed, students would put more efforts into a few subject and learn deeply instead of spreading all their limited energy to all the subjects they are required to learn and only have some superficial knowledge. For example, I attended high schools in China where students must learn up to 9 subjects at the same time. In order to get good grades, I often studied until 2 A.M and woke up 6:30 a.m. in the morning. Such was often the case with my fellow students. After entering the collage I realized that all we had learn was very shallow knowledge of each subject compared with what I learned from the university in freshmen year. If we were allowed to learn what we want, we could get a better understanding of the subjects we like instead of learn very little in 3 years efforts. As you can see, students can achieve more by doing this.

In a nutshell, high schools should allow students to learn what they want. Not only it motivates students but also it help students achieve more. So the high schools should do some relevant reform.

even if I much most of my efforts to it
even if I take most of my efforts to it

Sentence: And there was also another subjects that I liked, Chinese.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to another and subjects

Sentence: If I could studying more about what I liked, I would certainly be more enthusiastic about studying.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present participle or gerund
Suggestion: Refer to could and studying

Not only it motivates students but also it help students achieve more.
Description: 'Not only...but also' is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?