Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
When people choose a job, they usually consider several factors: salary, responsibilities, and the work hours among others. They look at them in order to find the one that is the most suitable for them according to their personal preferences. Some may prefer a job with long hours for three days a week while others are in favor of a job with shorter hours for five days a week. Personally, I think it is more enjoyable to have latter kind of job inasmuch as it offers a more balanced lifestyle and it is also healthier than the former.
To begin with, we know that moderation is normally better than extremities and it applies to this case -work hours-. Someone who prefers longer hours but fewer working days might not be able to enjoy his or her personal life such as having breakfast, lunch, or dinner with the family during those days because of a tight schedule or practicing sports or any social life at all. Therefore, that person might be very stressed or even undergo depression which would affect negatively his or her off days because of the bad mood. For example, a nurse who works ten hours a day with night shift would like to sleep well during his or her free days and hence reducing the expected leisure time. Therefore, working shorter hours for more days allows people to keep a balance between work and leisure without going to extremes.
Moreover, following the argument above, a balanced lifestyle provided by working shorter hours is salutary for people in that they get more time for exercising, releasing the accumulated stress in the job, and enjoying carrying out activities with their beloved ones and altogether may even increase their productivity at work. Thus, under these conditions, workers are both physically and mentally healthier having shorter work hours which is obviously more enjoyable.
In short, owning to the fact that long working hours can cause health problems to workers, I think It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 90
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the pastUse specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 87
- TPO 21. Genetic modification, a process used to change an organism’s genes and hence its characteristics, is now being used to improve trees through genetic modification. It is possible to create trees that produce more fruit, grow faster, or withstand 80
- Hybrid carshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf4kjfEvI2k&feature=youtu.be 80
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects.Use specific reasons and examples to supp 80
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 25 in 30
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 12 15
No. of Words: 348 350
No. of Characters: 1633 1500
No. of Different Words: 191 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.319 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.693 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.424 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 106 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 79 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 51 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 29 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 29 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.124 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.917 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.39 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.597 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.207 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5