Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is a waste of time for governments to fund space travel or space exploration.
In the recent years, the vast majority of people have been raising controversy with regard to the issue that how should the government allocate its funds appropriately. From a practical point of view, some people advocate investing more financial budget to improve the infrastructure, which is intimately associated with their basic life, while others may believe that the government has the obligation to subsidize more money to the research and exploration of the outer space. From my perspective, I am definitely in favor of the latter statement.
Admittedly, some people may concern that the government should give top priority to the improvement of the infrastructure like schools, which can benefit their well being, rather than the distant outer space. The prevalence of education lays a solid foundation for the future of the whole country which is led by the next generation. That's why a considerable number of people insist that the government should ensure sufficient education budget and thus might be capable of providing adequate financial support for compulsory education and university research. Otherwise, if a myriad of children cannot gain access to educational resource, the proportion of illiteracy may boost. By contrast, they may consider that the outer space programs are irrelevant to their daily life so it's a waste of source to fund space research. Therefore, the aforementioned reasons can account for why people disapprove of the space programs.
However, I oppose their opinion due to their shortsighted points. Although the benefits of exploring outer space may be vague in a short period of time, they will be brought about in the long term. For example, some extremely useful particles have just been found in the recent few years despite the arduous research on it for decades. The Higgsboson and gluon which proved to be effective do deal with some intractable problems were found almost three years ago, which means that once we insist on the exploration of space for enough time, we can achieve great achievement eventually. Besides, the issues like dark matter have not be explained by the discoveries of such particles, we need to make more effort to the deeper and further research on space. Hence, the government should offer more subsidy to the space exploration for the sake of long-term achievements.
What's more, paying more attention to the space programs can ensure our survive in the future as well. Because the resources which were abundant previously have been gradually depleted due to the dramatic advancement of technology and transportation, which might require that exploring alternative and habitual planets for human's survive has been a more urgent demand. If we pay no attention to seek for the habitats which may save us in the future, we may lose our resident area one day. Hence, the financial patronage in the research of space should never be overlooked by the government.
To sum up, although numerous people assert that the government is obligated to invest more money in the programs closely related to their lives instead of the out space, I believe that it is imperative for the government to emphasize and fund space travel or space exploration.
- Do you agree or disagree: The way people dresses is a good indication of his or her personality or character. (73)
- Some companies in the United States have developed "wellness" programs that give rewards or incentives to employees for achieving certain health-related goals, such as stopping smoking or losing weight. The rewards and incentives include cash pr (90)
- Some companies in the United States have developed "wellness" programs that give rewards or incentives to employees for achieving certain health-related goals, such as stopping smoking or losing weight. The rewards and incentives include cash pr (76)
- Your school wants to improve the quality of students’ life in the dormitory. Which one of the following do you think the school should build in dorms? 1. a quiet study area; 2. an exercise room for students to keep physical well-being; 3. a room for ent (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One can learn a lot about another person from the books and the movies that the person likes. (73)
- What is the most useful action for people to help environment in their local communities? 1. plant trees and create parks; 2. persuade local shops to stop providing plastic bags for consumers; 3. increase access to public transportation (such as buses and (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to read or watch the news presented by people who have similar views than the news presented by those who have different views from you. (70)
- Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad quality for a person, while some people think that it is a good quality for a person. Which do you prefer? (73)
- Some college teachers prefer to ask students to watch or listen to a recorded lecture before class. In class, they will ask students to do more practices about what they have learned from the lecture. Do you think this is an effective way and why? (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement? The universities should spend more money in improving facilities (libraries, computer labs) than hiring famous teachers. (85)