Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do-rather than doing things they should do.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Personally, I cannot agree with the statement that people are spending too much time enjoy themselves and concentrate less on their responsibility. Since encouraging more and more people to find their interests and enhance their feeling of happiness are goal of society, the increasing of personal enjoyment is a sign of cultural civilization.
Firstly, this statement is partially wrong, because lots of people are still under plenty of pressure and shouldering their responsibility of whole society, such as doctors, policemen, teachers, and soldiers. These people have been throwing their life into their careers protecting or helping other people, and they are definitely doing something they should do. Even in the past, when the social security system or other fundamental social facilities were not as advanced as they are today, there would be less people working in these fields, and many people were just more focus on themselves.
Moreover, it is true that people now have more choices, which should be treated as an advantage rather than something should be abandoned. In the past, when the economy was less developed, people had fewer choices in working opportunities. For example, one hundred years ago, when computers were not so accessible, working in software companies or cellphone companies were impossible, while now there are so many options in high-level technology companies since almost every big country around the world have them.
In fact, people nowadays can do something with both pleasure and responsibility, and since people have more choices, it is more likely that the society could match people's interests with their jobs. Traveling writers could let the readers know more about geology knowledge, and at the same time they could enjoy traveling around and doing exercise; scientists' breakthroughs mostly are motivated by their passion into science; actors and actresses can entertain others will please themselves during the performance; etc. Thus, letting people find interests and do what they want to would make the society more harmonious than before.
In conclusion, based on the arguments above, the statement that people are spending too much time on enjoyment and caring less about their responsibility is unreasonable, because many people care a lot about other people and the whole society, and chasing what people want is not a totally bad thing.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 5 hours ago||MRoy||60||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||xmen1404||73||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||evanlu||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||Dragut||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||lazycal||71||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||lanxinhh||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||ak840206||95||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||mohammad.sh||83.3333||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 weeks ago||mojtaba_aam||40.5||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.Use specific reasons and examples to (80)
- Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to s (65)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (75)
- Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects.Use specific reasons and examples to sup (80)
- Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cellphone, online games and social networking websites. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (62.5)
- tpo9Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)