Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Learning new things and increasing the knowledge are the main goal of many students. By educating properly most students will be able to put into practice their knowledge. Some people argue that students should learn facts instead of ideas and concepts. Others as I do, believe that the benefits of learning ideas and concepts are more. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
To begin with, learning concepts help students to learn new things based on their knowledge, which help them to be creative. While knowing facts and figures are helpful for students, there are a major shortage about it. Understanding facts and figures can make students lazy because they are try to memorizing which make their knowledge superficial. On the other hand, if students learn the role behind facts, they will be able to infer about new idea. My own experience is a good example of what I mean. When I was a university student, I had a professor who educated me math. My professor taught me the idea of mathematics formula, he encouraged me to be more curious about the concepts instead of memorizing formula. As a result I tried to research and gain information about the idea behind the formula. After a while, when I had an entrance exam for my master study, the questions of that exam was easy to me because I was able to infer about new problems which I faced.
Secondly, learning facts is a boring process, which cause students to lose their incentive or interests on studying. Learning about facts could be a routine task in which students should read a lot of papers and books. Not only that, but also it prevents students to make progress in their field of study. For instance, when I was a student at college, my history teacher, was one of those teacher who emphasized on facts. Therefore, I was forced to just read books and memorize in order to getting good rate at that class. I remember that most students lost their enthusiasm in history because to them that course was a boring one which leaded them to be lethargy.
In conclusion, I strongly believe that students should learn ideas and concepts. It is critically important for students to learn the role behind facts, because it helps students to infer and gain more knowledge about the topic, and because learning facts and figures are a routine task which prevents students to study more.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 6 days ago||Sepehram||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 6 days ago||Sepehram||78||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 days ago||aaaaaaaaaa||78||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 days ago||Chuppy||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||LGI||73||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||lauren1983||68||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||rena1071||76||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||valealej||85||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||Swaggy||70||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||Ahmed Riyadh||60||Read full essay|
- edmontosaur and the hypothesis of their migration (78)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents today are more involved in their children’s education than were parents in the past. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (66)
- elephant and their behavior as a smart animals (73)
- Some adults believe that nowadays children’s behavior is worse than children’s behavior was in the past. These adults have suggested three actions that parents can do to help children ages 5-10 behave better ( for example by speaking more respectfully (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If people have the opportunity to get a secure job, they should take it right away rather than wait for a job that would be more satisfying. Use specific reasons and example to support your idea. (70)
- Many people believe that the increased presence of violence in films and television these days is responsible for the rising incidents of violent crimes among youths in society. They argue that governments have a dusty to control the media so as to reduce (76)
- The zebra mussel fishes and their disadvantage for new habitats (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- "let is burn" policy and its effects (73)