Essay topics: Essay topics: TPO-09 - Independent Writing Task
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Nowadays a vast number of people adhere to the idea that technology has a negative impact on creativeness of our progeny. Although this stance has a plethora of supporters, I cannot agree with it. The reasons on which my prospect is based will be discussed in details below.
Firstly, I profoundly believe that computer has remarkably influenced our creativity. Personal computer is an ubiquitous, universal tool which may help a child to develop and explore one's creativeness. For instance, a person may draw, design, code, search on a simple laptop and there is almost no expenses. In other words, contemporary offspring have in their disposal a tool which allows them to explore novel levels of their creativeness which used to be unthinkable.
Secondly, the internet and social media give a push to development of progeny's creativity. Creativeness may be developed but it requires a certain background which fits for it and such services as Facebook, Twitter give children indispensable opportunity to find people who share their interests and inclinations. As a result, a youngster who wants to learn more about writing a code may find a group of people who will support him. By contrast, our predecessors usually did not have this possibility and their curiosity and creativeness remained unexplored.
Finally, we are human beings and our development depends on environment which surrounded them than more it elaborated and intricate than better children are developed. From this point of view, spreading of such pieces of technology as TV sets, radio and audio players has a positive effect on children's development in general and on their creativeness in particular. A person who has a free access to information has a broader knowledge about the world, more precise picture of the reality and as a result more developed creativity.
To wrap up, technology has a positive influence on creativeness of modern children via giving them a universal tool to explore it, providing opportunity to find someone with similar interests and creating environment which stimulates development.
- Some people believe that the purpose of education is to free the mind and the spirit. Others believe that formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely alig 60
- The following appeared in a memo from a budget planner for the city of Grandview."When the Grandview Symphony was established ten years ago, the city of Grandview agreed to provide the symphony with annual funding until the symphony became self-sustaining 70
- The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im 50
- College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to 70
- The vice president for human resources at Climpson Industries sent the following recommendation to the company's president."In an effort to improve our employees' productivity, we should implement electronic monitoring of employees' Internet use from thei 60
In other words, contemporary offspring have in their disposal a tool
Description: can you re-write this sentence?
our development depends on environment which surrounded them than more it elaborated and intricate than better children are developed.
Description: can you re-write this sentence?
Reason two and reason three are very close to each other.
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 21 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 15 15
No. of Words: 333 350
No. of Characters: 1722 1500
No. of Different Words: 187 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.272 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.171 4.6
Word Length SD: 3.044 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 132 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 105 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 81 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 57 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 22.2 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.73 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.667 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.33 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.584 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.104 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5