Essay topics: Some parents forbid young children from owning smart phones (cell phones with Internet access), while others disagree and believe that they are important tools for keeping in touch. Which point of view do you think is better, and why?
Smartphones and Internet are one of the greatest inventions in recent time. Like any other invention, Smartphones and Internet have their own pros and cons. On one side they're powerful source of knowledge and learning while on the other hand, those are great distractions and a source for grasping bad things as well which has significant impact on children and students' lifestyle. Even after considering the significant cons, I am in favor of young children owning smartphones with internet connectivity.
Firstly, Smartphones and Internet are powerful source of information and knowledge like an ocean. They have vast information about every field from science to arts, culture and history. It helps children to learn about various things in detail which are not properly mentioned in the books. Moreover, there are several tools available for exam prepartion like online lecture videos by experts, practice papers etc.
Secondly, childhood is like a foundation for children and it needs to be strong. The children should use it to explore their talents not just completely devoting for studies, not every child is meant to be an engineer or doctor, some should be dancers, cricketers and actors too. For that reason, internet encourages children to try various other things. For example, they see people getting popular and very young kids performing on reality shows which works as an encouragement for children and they also develop a thinking of trying out other things which they might be best at.
Finally, there is a need to be updated with latest technology and gadgets. Otherwise, they face problems later adjusting to such things which becomes necessity and it makes them feel inferior in front of others. For an example, it would be lot easier for a child who has been using Computers and Smartphones, to learn and use any advance gadgets and machines like self-check-in machine at airports or self-metro-tickets at Metro stations than the child who was forbidden from using smartphones.
In conclusion, though, there are various disadvantages of Smartphones and Internet, still the advantages overpower and overwhelm those disadvantages. Those are resources for knowledge and learning any new thing from studies to dance. Those motivate children to explore and try out their talent in other fields. Also, it keeps them technologically updated and helps them feel confident. Therefore, children should be given access to Smartphones and Internet but with proper guidance and instructions to use it in best way possible.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|5 days 7 hours ago||aliola_214||70||Read full essay|
|5 days 7 hours ago||aliola_214||60||Read full essay|
|5 days 7 hours ago||aliola_214||70||Read full essay|
|5 days 7 hours ago||aliola_214||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Lokesh Varshney||63||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||sikrewalrohit96...||70||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 4 days ago||m.h_ghasempourabadi||61||Read full essay|
|1 month 9 hours ago||krenjutsu||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||jab||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 weeks ago||bharadwaj98||73||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Modern transportation and shipping has made the world a better place to live.Use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion. (76)
- “Globalization” refers to the growing economic and cultural interconnectedness between different regions of the world. Because modern transportation and electronic communication have made commercial relationships between distant people easier than eve (3)
- When schools do not have enough funding or teachers, some people think physical education classes should be cut, while others believe that courses in art and music should be eliminated first. Which do you think is preferable, and why? (76)
- In 1939, David O Selznick produced a film of Margaret Mitchell’s Pulitzer Prize winning novel, Gone with the Wind. The movie proved to be among the most important in the history of world cinema. To this day, in fact, it remains the American box office c (3)
- Some people suggest that it is wrong to give money to beggars asking for money on the street, while others think that it is the right thing to do. Which point of view do you think is correct, and why? (60)
- Some parents forbid young children from owning smart phones (cell phones with Internet access), while others disagree and believe that they are important tools for keeping in touch. Which point of view do you think is better, and why? (88)
- TPO-07 - Integrated Writing TaskIn an effort to encourage ecologically sustainable forestry practices, an international organization started issuing certifications to wood companies that meet high ecological standards by conserving resources and recycling (81)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinions. (60)
- The following is a letter from the parent of a private school student to the principal of that school:Last year, Kensington Academy turned over management of its cafeteria to a private vendor, Swift Nutrition. This company serves low-fat, low-calorie meal (30)
- Company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e-mail correspondence. Such monitoring will reduce the waste of resources such as time and system capacity, as well as protect the company from lawsuits. (50)