Essay topics: Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?
Throughout history, education has played a prominent role in all societies. Hence, parents are always concerned about the education status of their children and therefore, they make every effort to guarantee a bright future for their children. In this regard, some people offer their school-age children money for every high grade they attain since they believe this reward can help school-age children to make more progress. However, other people may take the opposite viewpoint. In my opinion, the latter belief is true. In what follows, I will pinpoint some reasons to support my opinion.
The first point coming to my mind is that considering a reward for getting a high mark may cause to motivate students to try harder, but this reward can instill the belief that if they couldn't receive a high score, they would be the weak persons that are not able to follow their dreams. In fact, the scoring process and quantitative evaluation put pressure on the student that can cause to create irreparable damages, like losing their confidence. Hence, I strongly believe that parents should never contribute to increasing these pressures on their children by adding another benchmark.
Furthermore, it is essential for students to enjoy the learning process itself if they want to be useful and effective people for their society. Because it is proved that intrinsic motivations are much more effective and powerful than extrinsic ones since they are much more durable. In other words, continuous efforts usually lead to fundamental changes in the world and this is almost impossible if humans are accustomed to receiving extrinsic rewards from their childhood since finally one day these rewards will not exist.
Another important point to mention is that pushing the students to get high scores may cause students to enter a destructive competition that affects their social relationships. In addition, it may lead students to engage in immoral acts such as fraud. Hence, I strongly believe that parents should attempt to provide a peaceful and free stress place for their children rather than intensifying tensions among students.
From what has been discussed above, we can safely reach the conclusion that rewarding the students not only cannot assist students to improve their school works but also it can lead to affect their performance, negatively.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|5 days 2 hours ago||joyce05||60||Read full essay|
|6 days 5 hours ago||shrjhn1234||76||Read full essay|
|1 week 2 days ago||p0uya||70||Read full essay|
|1 week 6 days ago||epidemiology1||68||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 37 sec ago||negiin||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 1 day ago||kameice||73||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||amsar||66||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Tili||70||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||hasanatpo||76||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||ali.mosdegh||70||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is important to know about events happening around the world, even if it is unlikely that they will affect your daily life. (73)
- Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific points made in the reading passage. (3)
- In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives. (73)
- Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to s (73)
- Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they challenge the specific theories presented in the reading passage. (88)
- Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Teacher were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they were nowadays. (71)
- Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea? (81)
- Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?If people have the opportunity to get a secure job, they should take it right away rather than wait for a job that would be more satisfying. (61)