TPO44 Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related

Without any doubt, in today’s modern world, severe competition has become prevalent in the labor market, which necessitates all people, especially parents who are responsible for a whole family, to work more and harder in order to lead a satisfying life. Consequently, parents now have less time to spend with their children, so it is of a paramount importance how to make the most out of this limited time. While some think that parents should spend time with their children on leisure activities, my firm belief is that the best way to utilize this time is to devote it to education-related things. The reasons support this opinion are manifold, two of which—that is—supporting children in their lessons and monitoring their progress are the most conspicuous ones.
To begin with, parents are the only ones on whom children can always rely. When children see that their parents are there in order to help them in their lessons they feel more enthusiasm about their educational tasks because they realize that they are not alone in this, and they also find out that they parents are supportive of them. Moreover, as, currently, parents are usually well-educated they are able to help their children with the subjects they have not learned properly in classes. I have to admit that my opinion on this matter has been profoundly influenced by my personal experience. When I was at school, my father was the one who always helped me with my math’s problems, and I remember that I always asked him to teach me something because it had a good feeling, which helped me learn better.
Another reason for this idea is that parents are the best to control children. Children usually tend to evade the things that are related to education like assignments. Considering that parents are the ones who can be around children most, and also the fact that they always want the best for their children, it is up to parents to monitor their children and see whether they do their tasks completely or not. Recent research conducted by Harvard University’s Faculty of Education found that children who feel the control off their parents are significantly more productive in the school. Drawing from my own experience, when I was adolescent, I always tried hard to be the best at our class due to the fact that I knew my parents tracked me, and wanted to make her delighted. If my mother had not been observing me through my education, I might not have got admission for one of the best universities in the country.
Thus, with all this taken into account, it is fair to conclude that the best way that parents can spend their spare time with their children is to help them in their education and to monitor them to become certain about their commitment; in doing so, they can pave the way for their children to become prosperous in the future.