We all work, or will work, in jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Work is part and parcel of our life. Our parents used to work hard to provide our needs and raise us, some day we will do the same. By entering the adulthood, a person starts to learn more about responsibility, and then choose a career. Actually, we spend one third of our life working; all over the world, people usually work eight hours a day. Colleagues contribute a major part of our social life and we spend a considerable part of our life with them. Among abundant important qualities for a co-worker, I choose tolerance, cooperation and sensitivity for more discussion.

To begin with, nowadays, the world culture is being united and people from various parts of the world live and work together. Hence, we associate individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, and personalities in our daily life. In order to get along with each other, one should be tolerant. A worker’s common behavior may seem rude to another employee from a distinct culture. Therefore, tolerance serves a useful purpose.

Besides being tolerant, co-workers should be cooperative and assist each other at any situation. We live in the age of technology and industry in which job and market competition is getting more and more intense every day. In a perceptive view, one will realize that teamwork is the most vital element leading to victory in this severe battle between businesspersons. If all employees collaborate, the overall efficiency of the company will be increase. Let’s take a typical example; a cooperative colleague is willing to change his schedule to accommodate another employee’s emergency. What could be more desirable than that?

In final glance, an excellent co-worker is someone who is sensitive. This admirable characteristic could revolutionize the professional relationships and the milieu. If everyone treats others sensitively, no tension and contention will exist at office. For example, a sensitive person does not brag about his intelligence by speaking loudly about his innovative ideas or his great job and making other employees look dumb.

All in all, good co-workers can enhance our social and professional life significantly, as we spend a major portion of our life with them. To be more impartial, people might posit other qualities for a good co-worker; but to me, sensitivity, cooperation, and tolerance are the three main characteristics for an excellent colleague.

the overall efficiency of the company will be increase.
the overall efficiency of the company will be increasing.
the overall efficiency of the company will increase.