Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.Reading Passage--------------A fossil skeleton of a dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx, preserved in volcanic ash, was discover

The reading opposed the idea that Sinosauropteryx was a feathered dinosaur, citing several reasons. However, the lecture opposes the reading by saying that the evidences are very strong and the arguments made in the reading are unconvincing.

First, the reading claims that the fine lines may not even represent functional structures of a living dinosaur, but rather structures that were formed after the animal’s death. However, the lecture claims that it is unlikely that the lines were formed because of the decomposition. Researcher found the other animal’s fossil from the same site and it shows that their feather’s lines are beautifully well preserved. Therefore, its evidence that the lines on the fossil are because of the dinosaurs feathers not decomposition.

Second, the article argues that the lines surrounding the skeleton are much more likely to be fossilized remains of frills than remains of feathers. In contrast, the lecture claims that there are important chemical difference between frills and feathers. The feathers contain chemical called beta-carotene, which is not present in the frills. The chemical evaluation suggests that the fossil structure did contain beta-carotene therefore; the lines are because of the feathers not the frills.

Third, the author claims that the usual functions of feathers are to help animals fly or regulate their internal temperature, so it is useless for the dinosaur. However, the professor says that these feathers could be used for other purposes like those that a peacock does. The peacock has very long colorful feather at the tail, which attracts its mate. The evidence shows that the fathers of dinosaur were long, orange and white colored. This evidence strongly supports that the feathers were useful to display.

the lines are because of the feathers not the frills.
the lines are due to the feathers not the frills.

-------------------------------------
'due to' modifies nouns. 'because of' modifies verbs.

His defeat was due to the lottery issue.
He was defeated because of the lottery issue.

His failure was due to poor preparation
He failed because of poor preparation
-------------------------------------

The peacock has very long colorful feather
The peacock has a very long colorful feather