TPO 15 Integrated Writing Task

TPO-15 - Integrated Writing Task

The author proposes three solutions for controlling the population of the cane toad. However, the lecturer explains that these solutions are ineffective and can damage the environment, and refutes each reason of the author.
First, building a nation fence can prevent the cane toad from spreading to other parts of Australia. In contrast, the professor explains that the young toads and their eggs can be found in streams and rivers that can transport them to the other side of the fence. Also, the young toads can easily pass the fence and lay eggs there, which can lead to an increase in their population on another side of the fence.
Second, using volunteers to eradicate the toads. On the other hand, the speaker explains that, although it can help to restrict the toad's population, volunteers can destroy Australia's native ecosystem because a young frog and toad are very similar and it is very difficult for amateur people to realize their differences.
Third, developing a virus for controlling the population of the toads. In contrast, the professor says that it is a bad idea. She claims that this virus can transport to the native habitat of the toad, where is central America, by researcher or pet collector of reptiles which can lead to an ecological disaster.