TPO 24 Integrated Writing Task

TPO-24 - Integrated Writing Task

The professor casts doubt on the points the author states regarding the fossil of T. rex. He states that the authors statements are skeptical.
First, the professor states that the soft material in the bone channel belongs to something else rather than blood vessels. He adds that the bacteria lives in bone for a long time and by tracing the organic material, soft residue of bacteria can be the reason for small branching channels. This point is in contrast to the point in reading which claims that the soft substance reveals the presence of blood vessel in T. rex.
Second, the professor states that the fossils of primitive ones revealed that dinosaurs did not have cells, thus it is not possible for the T. rex to have them. He believes that the reddish color belongs to the minerals. This point contrasts the point in the reading which states that the fossil has the signs of red blood cells with dark red centers.
Finally, the professor states that the collagen can not last for long time and it is impossible to conclude that the collagen found on the leg bone belongs to the seventy million year old fossil. He states that it is likely that the collagen is sticked to the bone while handling it by the human skin. This point is also in contrast to the point in the reading which states that the leg bone of the dinosaur contains collagen.