TPO 28 Integrated

TPO 28 Integrated

In the reading, author start to tell about the man who reached at north pole on 7 April 1909 named as Robert E peary . after some people cast doubt on this trip author give the three reason that tells why this trip is legitimate. The lecturer in the listening totally disagree with the point made out by author and attacks on each.

Firstly author give information that the national geographic society took investigation on this matter and after checking record and equipment’s of pearys trip they declared that peary really did this by himself. The lecturer in the listening states that the investigation was totally biased because the peary’s friend used to gave funds to this society and the investigation lasted only two days.

Secondly the author says that it possible that peary did this because the man tom avery from Britain also did the same trip even in less time that peary spend they both used same kind of dogsled and same number of breed of dogs. However the lecturer in listening states that the condition while tom avery starts his trip is totally different from pearys trip. tom avery didn’t carry his food material with him, it was dropped by plane when he need it.

Third the author make his final point by mentioning that the photograph taken by the peary while he reached on north pole helped scientist to believe that he did this. scientist evaluate this situation by figuring the shadow in picture taken by peary and calculate surf position and conclude their result in peary’s favour. The lecturer in listening again disagree with that and says that the photograph taken by peary were very blur and did not give any precise information about surf position. We can’t decide the result with help of this fuggy photographs.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.