TPO 36 Hail pieces of ice that form and fall from clouds instead of snow or rain has always been a problem for farmers in some areas of the United States Hail pellets can fall with great force and destroy crops in the field Over the last few decade

Base on the given materials, both article and lecturer discuss problems of Hail-pieces of ice that form from clouds. The author says that the method of reducing hauls called cloud seeding has tried. There are several pieces of evidence suggest that cloud seeding has useful protecting crops. Being said, the lecturer thinks none of the evidence is apparent and reject them.

Initially, the author says that laboratory experiments argue that cloud seeding is effective. However, the lecturer explains that may be in the laboratory, it seems to be useful, but in real life, clouds make snow, rain, and hails. So, it can do the same damages as a lack of water.

Secondly, the author mentions that
evidence of several countries in Asia shows that cloud seeding has been successful control precipitation in urban areas. Yet again, the speaker underscores that may it have good results in Asia because of car pollution in the air there. It makes beneficial conditions for reacting whit those materials in the air. Still, in places, with a lack of corruption, it can not be a success.
The final point of contention between the reading and listening passages is local studies. The author says that few local studies like farming region in the central United States support the value of cloud seeding. On the other hand, the speaker explains that these studies are not convincing. Because hail damage in whole America not only decreases just in central America, natural variation and local weather can also contribute to the elimination of hail disaster. Overturns the writer’s concept.