TPO 43

TPO 43

The reading passage and lecturer discuss the living style of Agonstides marine animals which their fossils record founded in many eras, and they lived 450 million years ago. Although the reading provides three theories about how Agnostide lived, the speaker refutes this idea through several reasons which I will describe in this reporter.

First, the reading argues that Agonside would become free-swimming predators and they hunted smaller animals. The lecturer, in contrast, rejects this by claiming that the free-swimming predators must have big and develop eyes that can see marine animals in the sea because vision is an important ability for animals to be a predator. However, the Agonstide had a tiny eye, and someone was blinded. So, they may use other sense for finding their food. So, this theory is rejected.

Furthermore, unlike the passage which states that they would become dweller on the seafloor, and they eat died animals or organisms. The professor argues that sea dwellers live in a small era in the sea, and they cannot swim fast. They live in a small geography era and hunting animals. On the other hand, the Agonsides were able to swim fast, and they would travel to a large distance. So, they may have not dwelled on the seafloor.

Finally, unlike the passage which states that they could be parasites that lived on the body of other animals, the professor argues that the parasites population must be small, because they live on other animals body, and if their population become large, their host animals will die. An, as we know, the Agonsides population were large, and now we have a lot of Agonsides fossils in the vast era.