TPO 49 Integrated writing

TPO 49- Integrated writing

Recently, there has been a ton of debate as to explain how humpback whales know their way. More specifically, in regards to the passage, the writer puts forth the idea that humpback whales might be migrate by using stars positions. In the listening passage, the lecturer is quick to point out there are some serious flaws in the writer's claims. In fact, the professor believes the evidence in the passage is not enough convincing eventhough the writer's hyptothesis is considerable, and addresses, in detail, the trouble with each point made in thr reading text.

First and foremost, the author of the reading states that whales's brains have a high degree of complexity and advanced cognitive ability to use stars as navigator. Some professionals in the same field, however, stand in firm oppostion to this claim. In the listening, for example, the professor states that being intelligent does not directly indicate has a ability to set direction by stars. He goes on to mention specific bird species to support his belief. The bird has average brain capacity and intelligent, most importantly use stars as navigator.

One group of scholar, represented by the writer, only animals orient themselves by some external objecs can migrate in straight line. Again, the speaker specifically addresses this point when he states they actually move in long straight line due to earth's magnetic field -attract certain sensetive animals' behaviour. This directly contradicts what the passages indicates.

Finally, the author wraps his argument by positing that humpback whales demondtrate rare behoviour spy-hopping- their heads above the water as is looking up tp the sky. The lecturer, nevertheless, takes issue with this claim by contending that certain animals like sharks, which neither migrate nor use stars movement as directions, do sky-hopping mostly during day.