TPO 50 Integrated Writing Task

The author of the article states the drawbacks of traveling to Mars. He stated many problems with traveling. However, the lecturer challenged the statement made by the writer in the reading by providing three reasons.

First of all, The passage states that Mars is further from the earth than the moon and acquires more food, water, and oxygen supply which should be enough for a two-year trip. While the lecturer states that the food can be managed by using hydroponics planting which would provide the astronauts with fresh water and Oxygen in addition to reducing carbon dioxide.

Secondly, the passage strongly states that living in zero - gravity would affect the astronaut's health, especially their bones and muscles. This argument is challenged by the lecturer. He says that if the astronaut continues to exercise and get enough vitamins and minerals then they would keep their muscle mass and bone density.

Finally, it is stated by the author that the astronauts would be exposed to the sun's radiation. The professor, on the other hand, posits that by mentioning that the radiation detecting equipment would be quite a good help to detect the amount of radiation and there will be a shield area inside the spaceship to protect the astronaut in case the detectors would read a dangerous percentage of radiation.

Finally, the three points mentioned by the writer were challenged by the professor.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3