tpo 61 Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific theories mentioned in the reading

tpo 61 Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific theories mentioned in the reading

Both the reading and the lecture are about the golden frogs. The reading passage claims that the frog is severely endangered from a fungus, and express three solutions to this problem. However, the lecturer argues that unfortunately none of those solutions are possible.

First of all, the writer asserts that one solution against the fungus is the bacterial protection. Scientists have discovered a bacterium that produce a chemical, which kills fungal cells. Therefore, introducing this chemical will help the golden frog. In contrast, the lecturer insists that this solution is not effective for a long time. It is a temporary solution, so the frogs will not be able to survive the fungal infection.

Second, the author points out that breeding frogs in captivity would protect frogs from disease that may occur in natural environment. Nevertheless, the professor cannot disagree more by reasoning that it is true that breeding frogs in captivity will produce healthy frogs, but when frogs were going to be released in nature, they will be exposed to an environment where other animals might carry the disease. As a result of this, frogs will get infected and will die.

Finally, the passage suggests that a nature defense is a possibility that frogs could overcome the threat even if humans do not intervene. Frogs could increase their body temperature and spread the hit to the group, so all have the chance to survive. On the other hand, the professor declares that if the golden frogs increase their body temperature would spend a lot of energy, which will weak them, so they could not resist the illness. Consequently, the natural defend is not going to work on frogs favor. They would not be able to survive even they overcome the fungus infection from the increase of their body temperature.