TPO 64 integrated

TPO 64- integrated

The article states that growing a new type of broccoli on the east coast has many benefits and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that this project will not be as successful or beneficial as claimed and casts doubts on the points mentioned by the author.

First of all, the reading claims that growing broccoli on the East Coast will result in lower prices of broccoli in stores.This point is challenged by the professor by mentioning that although the transportation costs will be reduced this way, it does not mean that people will buy broccoli at lower prices. She explains that since the new broccoli has lower yields, farmers have to sell them at higher prices. So, this cancels out the savings on transportation costs.

Secondly, the reading posits that the new type of broccoli is produced by traditional breeding techniques, so many consumers will buy it instead of some of other new crops. However, the professor opposes this idea by saying that people are still suspicious. Since the company that supports this project is the same company that have produced many genetically modified foods in the past, people are not likely to trust this new broccoli and will refuse to buy it.

Finally, the article states that eating broccoli that is locally grown is much more healthier, because fresh vegetables are full of vitamins.However, the professor explains that there are many other local vegetables, such as kale, in the East Coast that have the same nutritional value as broccoli. She mentions that instead of investing time and energy on producing the new broccoli, people can eat fresh vegetables that already grow there.