Essay topics: TPO-Extra 2-integrated
Both the reading and listening parts offer two opposite views about smart cars. While the passage lists three advantages of smart cars to depict its adherence from this novel technology; the professor, on the other hand, casts doubt on all mentioned benefits, and presents some clues to call all of them into the question.
First of all, the article refers to the fewer numbers of the accident as the first benefits of smart cars, which also saves a life; the instructor, in contrast, refutes this point. As she describes, any advanced technology breaks down occasionally; thus, there is the possibility that one of the smarts cars falls and does not work in the traffic. In this case, for the sake of compact traffic of smart cars, there would be a bigger accident if one car stops working. So, the smart car does not reduce accidents or the number of injuries.
Secondly, meanwhile, the text stated the high speeded highway as another positive aspect of smart cars; the lecturer, on the contrary, disapproves it. As she explains, according to one study, the number of individuals who use cars increases when they convince with the traffic. Therefore, the comfort provided by the smart cars persuades more persons to drive cars; as a result, the traffic will stay heavy as more cars are used. Consequently, smart cars do not speed up the highway's speed and reduce community duration.
Finally, the passage mentioned that the reduction of driving's cost as the last advantage of smart cars; otherwise, the professor rejects this one too. As she asserts, the global desired advancement in technology requires a high amount of money. Besides, the repairment of the smart cars, for the sake of their technical stuff such as the sensor, is more expensive than the traditional cars. So, the money required for the smart cars' development and repairment offsets the cost of ordinary cars and people will not save money by owning smart cars.
- tpo 27 (85)
- Improving schools is the most important factor in the successful development of a country (73)
- Tpo-extra writing 3 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never make an important decision alone. (70)
- TPO-Extra 2-integrated (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People learn things better from those at their own level-such as fellow students or co-workers- than from those at a higher level, such as teacher or supervisors. (73)
- tpo-extra 1-integrated (3)
- Do you agree or disagree?It is more important for governments to spend money to improve internet access than to public transportation. (73)
- TPO53Independent Task-Many countries require cigarette smokers to pay particularly high taxes on their purchases of cigarettes; similar taxes are being considered for unhealthy foods. The policy of imposing high taxes on cigarettes and other unhealthy pro (80)
- tpo53 (3)