Essay topics: TPO-Extra 2-integrated
Both the reading and listening parts offer two opposite views about smart cars. While the passage lists three advantages of smart cars to depict its adherence from this novel technology; the professor, on the other hand, casts doubt on all mentioned benefits, and presents some clues to call all of them into the question.
First of all, the article refers to the fewer numbers of the accident as the first benefits of smart cars, which also saves a life; the instructor, in contrast, refutes this point. As she describes, any advanced technology breaks down occasionally; thus, there is the possibility that one of the smarts cars falls and does not work in the traffic. In this case, for the sake of compact traffic of smart cars, there would be a bigger accident if one car stops working. So, the smart car does not reduce accidents or the number of injuries.
Secondly, meanwhile, the text stated the high speeded highway as another positive aspect of smart cars; the lecturer, on the contrary, disapproves it. As she explains, according to one study, the number of individuals who use cars increases when they convince with the traffic. Therefore, the comfort provided by the smart cars persuades more persons to drive cars; as a result, the traffic will stay heavy as more cars are used. Consequently, smart cars do not speed up the highway's speed and reduce community duration.
Finally, the passage mentioned that the reduction of driving's cost as the last advantage of smart cars; otherwise, the professor rejects this one too. As she asserts, the global desired advancement in technology requires a high amount of money. Besides, the repairment of the smart cars, for the sake of their technical stuff such as the sensor, is more expensive than the traditional cars. So, the money required for the smart cars' development and repairment offsets the cost of ordinary cars and people will not save money by owning smart cars.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. (73)
- tpo52 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. (73)
- tpo51 (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should require to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. (73)
- tpo50.integ (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? the ability to maintain a friendship with a small number of people over a long period is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily. (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Because modern life is very complex, young people need to have the ability to plan and organize. (90)
- tpo49-integ (85)
- tpo48 (85)