You are entering a writing competition in your local newspaper. You must write about an important person in history who you admire.

The general born on August 25th, 1911, in Quang Binh province of Viet Nam. He is the first general of Vietnamese army and the outstanding student of president Ho Chi Minh. As a history teacher at the original time, general Giap was assessed as genial military leader of the 20th century and for all Vietnamese people, “Anh Van” is the Vietnamese national hero forever. The appearance of a significant event in 1927 which generated the turning point of his life was the first time general Giap heard the name of president Ho Chi Minh. He read an essay of Nguyen Ai Quoc thrillingly and exclaimed: “The essay of Nguyen Ai Quoc cause us a wrath as the shockwave. The event was the first link of General Giap and Ho Chi Minh, created the platform of the Vietnamese revolution.

In the entire his career, general Giap has mighty victories which the world known as impossibles missions and the best known is Dien Bien Phu strategy. In 1954, French with the financial and human backing of American had built a military conglomerate which had been supposed unbeatable at Dien Bien Phu. General Giap circumspectly assessed the practical situation, propounded the right strategic direction attack. The conglomerate was equipped most modern weapons at that time and assembled more than 16.200 soldiers. However, the defeat of French was inevitable, they faced a united force under the excellent conductor of general Vo Nguyen Giap. In a desperate effort to counteract Vietnamese troops, the French accepted a pathetic failure. That victory of Viet Nam opened the revolutionary path of downtrodden nations.

Although known as an inbred leader of the century, he had a homely life. Vietnamese people admired him because of his beautiful lifestyle. General Giap has the dearness with children and he wished Vietnamese children could be merry. He taught the next generation must be modest. With all due respect and love, Vietnamese people remembered general Vo Nguyen Giap as a respected father.