The city council of Town X has proposed reducing the city s electric expenses by switching all the lights in public buildings from incandescent bulbs to light emitting diodes LEDs The switch would be made gradually as the old incandescent bulbs burn out a

The city council of Town X has proposed reducing the city’s electric expenses by switching all the lights in public buildings from incandescent bulbs to light-emitting diodes (LEDs). The switch would be made gradually as the old incandescent bulbs burn out, and the city council reasons that since LED lights burn brighter and cost no more to purchase, the switch would help Town X save money on electrical costs in the future.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered to help evaluate the efficacy of the city council’s proposal to save money on electrical costs. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the council’s prediction.

The city council of Town – x has proposed reducing the city’s electric expenses by switching all the lights in the public buildings from incandescent bulbs to light emitting diodes. While the council provides two reason for the switch for incandescent bulbs to LED’S that the former bulbs burns out and that the new LED bulbs are more brighter then the former one’s and as they don’t burn out frequently the cost of replacing the bulbs will be low.But I do have some reservations about the proposed plan.
Firstly, the initial cost of purchasing the bulbs is same but the cost is saved as these LED’S do not burn easily so the cost of replacing the bulb will be reduced. It is said that these lights will be more brighter so perhaps they may consume more electricity, if this happens the cost is not reduced and the main objective of this plan is not achieved at all.Furthermore, do these bulbs last longer than incandescent bulbs? What if they don’t? if that’s what’s going to happen then rather than decreasing the cost which is the main objective of this plan the trend may get reversed and the cost may starts increasing.
The council plans to replace the older bulbs with the LED’S but my reservation is about the fixtures in which the bulbs is fixed. Will the old fixtures be able to hold the new LED’S? if yes, then the plan may decrease the cost, but if not, the situation will be bad as the council will have to change the each and every bulb fixture of the public buildings and this will mount up the expenses and will further increases the cost.
Furthermore, the councils’s objective is to decrease the cost of the electric expenes by changing the bulbs of the ‘public buildings’ but will just replacing the bulbs of public buildings have a significant impact on electricity cost ? what if this plan, if successful only produce insignificant results that have very negligible impact on the overall costs?
There may be other drawbacks that are associated with this plan.what if these LED’S produce more heat and to counter that heat more air conditioner consumption will be incurred hence increasing the overall costs. The proposed plan have no place of the unaccounted drawbacks that may be associated with this plan which will produce opposite than what intended.There are very few variables specified in the plan that are associated with possible drawbacks that can result into unexpected consequences . while it may ultimately be the case that the plan is sound and will save town – x money but we cannot conclude this from the argument stated.