The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager."One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one

The following appeared in a letter from the owner of the Sunnyside Towers apartment complex to its manager.

"One month ago, all the showerheads in the first three buildings of the Sunnyside Towers complex were modified to restrict maximum water flow to one-third of what it used to be. Although actual readings of water usage before and after the adjustment are not yet available, the change will obviously result in a considerable savings for Sunnyside Corporation, since the corporation must pay for water each month. Except for a few complaints about low water pressure, no problems with showers have been reported since the adjustment. Clearly, modifying showerheads to restrict water flow throughout all twelve buildings in the Sunnyside Towers complex will increase our profits further."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The owner of the complex, believes that changing the showerheads in three buildings of the complex decreased their costs and so this modification should be implemented in all buildings in order to get greater profit. Although, it seems, logically, acceptable, the author fails to present accurate evidence which are needed to evaluate the argument, effectively.

First, The author did not present any detailed statistics of decrease in water consumption. He/She only superficially, mentioned because they should spend money on water, thus, the change will decline their costs. But it is possible that the declined cost was result of other events, For example, relative organization, decreased water price or the maintenance costs was less in last month. So, an exact evidence of decrease in water consumption is needed to bolster the argument.

Also, as it is mentioned, there are some complaints about low pressure. As time goes by, this flaw can lead to the less popularity of complex between people to occupy in those buildings. If this happens, consequently, the apartments would remain empty and residents prefer to live in other complexes and areas. So the expected profit increase that author mentioned will not happen. Thus, It should be investigate accurately that whether the modification affect on popularity of the buildings or no. If so, it may even decrease their revenues.

The other evidence that should be prepared to made the argument more cogent is that, can this lower pressure impair the related equipment. For example lower water pressure cause more sediments remain in pipes and cause additional costs in order to repair them. In this case, it is possible that burdened costs outweigh the possible higher profit.

Also, The quality of new showerheads should be considered. They might be constructed from low quality materials or suffer from some technical problems that made owner replace them in shorter periods than ordinary showerheads which can leads to higher costs than profit for the authorities.

So, It can be seen that, author should wait for longer time from modification and present more strong evidences in order to decide that all the buildings shower should be changed with new one.

It should be investigate accurately
It should investigate accurately

--------------------

argument 3 -- not OK //

argument 4 -- not OK //
--------------------
In GRE, we have to accept all data or evidence are true. Don't guess, like you did in argument 3 and 4. It is important to find out loopholes behind surveys or studies. Loopholes mean that we accept all surveys told are true, but there are some conditions applied, for example:

It works for time A (10 years ago), but it doesn't mean it works for time B (nowadays).

It works for location A (a city, community, nation), but it doesn't mean it works for location B (another city, community, nation).

It works for people A (a manager), but it doesn't mean it works for people B (a worker).

It works for event A (one event, project... ), but it doesn't mean it works for event B (another event, project...).

.....

for example, in this topic, you can say:
It works in the first three buildings, but it doesn't mean it works for all twelve buildings.
------------------------------