The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population than did t

The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals.

"In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population than did the liquid hand soaps currently used in our hospitals. During a subsequent test of UltraClean at our hospital in Workby, that hospital reported significantly fewer cases of patient infection than did any of the other hospitals in our group. Therefore, to prevent serious patient infections, we should supply UltraClean at all hand-washing stations throughout our hospital system."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The author's argument seems cogent on the first glance. Although if one further contemplates on it, the discrepancy becomes patent. The author makes logically flawed assumptions. He also doesn't cite any evidences to bolster his claim. Due to these reasons, the author's argument that to prevent serious patient infections, UltraClean should be supplied at all hand-washing stations throughout our hospital system, is dubious.

The first assumption the author makes is that the concentrated solution of UltraClean is same as the normal solution of UltraClean. For that reason he co...

argument 1 -- OK.

-------------------------