Essay topics: The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.
"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
In this prompt, the author has assumed that to increase the number of advertising revenues, the coverage of weather and local news should be increased. this arguement is full of holes and bullets as the direct link between revenues and weather news has not described properly. To improve the assumtion proper suggestion will be given to strengthen it.
First of all, the author has given has provided information that in the late-night show there is incrrease in the time for national news and time span for weather and local news has been decreased due to which many complaints has been recorded. Now, the flaw in this arguement does not describe about the type of complaint. It may be possible that the complaints registered with local news and weather news are registered against the content or information provided is not proper. so to avoid this anamolies, proper information regarding subject of complaints should be provided.
Additionally, second flaw in the premises is mentioned as advertising contracts has been reduced by local businesses. In contrast, the author does not explain the specific reasons that causes decrease in number of advertising contracts. To overcome this flaw, the proper research should be done by the tv company to rectify the all possible factors that affect the number of local business contracts.
However, in support of author there are may be chances that reduction in business contracts are due to late-night shows timings. this shows are broadcasted so late that major number of targetted audience are not interested in watching this shows.
In conclusion, the following premise is not properly reasoned. there are many flaws in the assunmptions made by the author. In need of improvement, the flaws are highlighted and the suggestions are mentioned to improve them. so author should do more research in the field of improvement of flaws.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||mhayat29||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||benson zhang||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||banu.abdikadirova||33||Read full essay|
|2 months 5 days ago||sfried1212||83||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||sea0215||70||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||madiha3||83||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||Mrunal47286||75||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||kian22||44||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||Shion||58||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||Mirjana||78||Read full essay|
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo (50)
- Paleo diets, in which one eats how early hominids (human ancestors) did, are becoming increasingly popular. Proponents claim our bodies evolved to eat these types of food, especially bone broth, a soup made by cooking animal bones for several hours. They (50)
- Although sound moral judgment is an important characteristic of an effective leader, it is not as important as a leader’s ability to maintain the respect of his or her peers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree (50)
- SuperCorp recently moved its headquarters to Corporateville. The recent surge in the number of homeowners in Corporateville proves that Corporateville is a superior place to live than Middlesburg, the home of SuperCorp's original headquarters. Moreov (40)
- Technology, while apparently aimed to simplify our lives, only makes our lives more complicated.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In dev (50)
- The best leaders are those who encourage feedback from the people whom they lead.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and sup (50)
- College students should be encouraged to pursue subjects that interest them rather than the courses that seem most likely to lead to jobs.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y (83)
- Nature's Way, a chain of stores selling health food and other health-related products, is opening its next franchise in the town of Plainsville. The store should prove to be very successful: Nature's Way franchises tend to be (41)
- A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of f (30)
- In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should be requiredto step down after five years.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for theposition you take. In developing and (58)