Essay topics: The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station.
"Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.
According to memorandum from the business manager of television station, the late-night program puts its major focus on the national news and minor focus on whether. Author believed this caused a real problem for that television station based on people do not show any attention to the programs and some of the advertisers are canceling their contracts. There is three ways to investigate this problem.
First of all, there is no evidence to support that the reason that people do not show any inclination toward programs of this television station is based on the tv stations do not cover whether news as much as national news. For example it could be based on the low quality of that late-night show or it could be based on the fact that the show is not as good as before.
Secondly, author believed that some of the advertisers canceled their contract because of the fact that television station does not invest enough time to cover weather news. But It could be because of the fact that they are having financial problem and that is the only reason and not more.
Third of all, author believe that focusing on weather news could bring back their viewers and advertisers but there is no evidence to support that claim. It would be possible that these actions will not work out and the situation will not change in the future.
To sum up, statement as it stands now, is flawed and we are gonna need more evidence to have a better evaluation over the situation of that particular television station. we are gonna need more facts about viewer and advertisers to conclude better over this situation and without that facts we could not have better deduction over this condition.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||mhayat29||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||benson zhang||58||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||banu.abdikadirova||33||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||sfried1212||83||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||sea0215||70||Read full essay|
|6 months 4 weeks ago||madiha3||83||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 days ago||Mrunal47286||75||Read full essay|
|8 months 5 days ago||Shion||58||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 day ago||kanishkbar4321@...||60||Read full essay|
|10 months 3 weeks ago||Mirjana||78||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cell phone, online games, and social networking Web site.Use specific reasons and examples t (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Teachers should not make their social or political views known to students in the classroom.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they know how to do well.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (60)
- The ability to maintain friendships with a small number of people over a long period of time is more important for happiness than the ability to make many new friends easily.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.Use specific reasons and examples to (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize. (70)