Essay topics: The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition
"Teamwork means more we less me". This famous quote highlights the importance of cooperation aong team members to achieve better productivity. I mostly agree with the thesis that the best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in any field is by instilling a sense of cooperation in them with certain cases where competition should be given more importance. To support my thesis, I would like to present the following three examples.
First of all, let us consider the case of set of employees working for the same team in the same organization. Every candidate has his/her own potential. The person can deliver his best to complete the task within time. Let us consider the case of 3 people working for a team and the quotients representing the potentials associated with each person be q1, q2, q3 (with q1
Secondly, let us consider the example of manufacturing industry that involves import/export to/from different countries. For example, chain is good in produing electronic devices. Hence, with a good cooperation between countries people can export goods from China and reduce the costs involved in manufacturing and can happily rely on what they are currently good at. Consider the case of American Companies, who are good at Software Development. Most of American companies do get their hardware and raw materials required for manufacturing of products from China and they write their own software for the Laptops/Desktops/Mobiles they are manufacturing. This is only possible through a good cooperation between the countries.
However, there are exceptions to this concept of coperation. An Tug of War experiment conducted by a university between two teams yielded the following result. There is a competition between two persons. The persons are able to pull the rope from either ends with almost twice their natural average force they could exert on a object, thus showing that to get the best out of a single person competition is an important factor an this is the reason why Univerties have examinations to grade students.
In conclusion, it can be seen from above examples that the topic of cooperation vs competion in youth is a complex one andhas multiple answers. In general, it is true that cooperation has more importance over competion.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 days 9 hours ago||Olapade Zainab M.||50||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 3 days ago||Daffodilia||75||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||shuvra||33||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||Bibek Shrestha||83||Read full essay|
|3 months 20 hours ago||Shubham025||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||praddy pohare||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||dag||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||anuroopg||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||DAISY CHANG||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Alice Nila Rajavel||50||Read full essay|
- "Argument Topic: "The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company. "According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super (56.5)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition (79)
- As a result of numerous consumer complaints of dizziness and nausea, Promofoods requested that eight million cans of tuna be returned for testing last year. Promofoods concluded that the cans did not, after all, contain chemicals that posed a health risk. (58)
- Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals. (60)
- The following letter is from a group of Linford College alumni to the chair of the artdepartment at the college.“In a recent survey of college graduates, 90 percent agreed that participating in aninternship increased their chances of finding a job after (71.5)
- Some people believe that success in creative fields, such as painting, fiction writing, andfilmmaking, primarily requires hard work and perseverance. Others believe that suchsuccess mainly requires innate talents that cannot be learned. (62)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure (66)
- In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes littl (38)
- People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and suppo (50)
- Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo (66)