Essay topics: Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
The author claims the success of the governor, artists, or even science people is not the indicator of the nation as a great one. He further reasons that the sole proof is the comfort of the national. I generally disagree with this disposition and its adhesive clue. While I confirm the welfare is the benchmark of a great nation, the ignorance of successful achievements and based merely on the welfare of the people is a shallow and defective consideration.
First of all, the importance of the citizens’ welfares never should be overlooked. Since the initial and basic responsibility of each government is the preparation of the comfort zone for his national. Indeed, which leader is accountable of the supporting people who vote them, and convincing his opponents with his decent-level serves in the society. The representor of whether a president can response this basic requirement and responsibility is the level of the welfare of the people on that society. In a case that the public satisfies by the leader’s rearing and serves, the government will have the high-chance of becoming the president for the second period of presidency. I prefer to give an example from my country, the current president of our country gains the second period of presidency with the 22.5% higher vote from his previous election. His success and the increased number of votes is mostly for the sake of his efforts during his first four-year presidency in which provides better and cheaper health-care, high-level educational environment, and provides the plenty of work opportunity for the people.
However, the fulfillment of the basic needs of the people is not the ultimate desire of any human being. The man-kind possesses the endless perfection- seeking nature, which pushes him to go beyond his previously defined state of satisfaction. This seeking and tendency lead the achievement in various fields such as the art, science, politics, or sport. The crucial point which should be considered is these achievements are possible in the case that person is fulfilled by his basic needs. Consequently, the nation with a high range of the successful scientist, artists, or ruler, has the greatest background for flourishment of these triumphed people. According to the statistical value that is presented in the Top Tens Website, the United States is listed as the first successful nation. This numerical table illustrates the high level of easement in the country which ends via the effective and striking people in the different fields, such as Bill Gates in the technology, Mouhammad Ali in the field of sport, Elvis Presley at the area of music. Otherwise, how it is possible to have a successful person who has stress and pressure because of the deficiency of his initial demands?
Finally, the elimination of all factors and based only on the welfare of the citizens in the reason section is shaky logic. Since, at this reason, the writer separates the successful people from the public. However, they thrive from the same society. The underestimating this link, and consideration of the two irrelevant groups of the public from the successful individuals make this support statement frail reason.
To wrap it up, all the aforementioned arguments illustrates my logic for not concurring with this assertation.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||bill1441||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||natashasuzu||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 6 days ago||yoonjung1917@gm...||75||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||octa_08||50||Read full essay|
|8 months 1 week ago||Gh.Ne||66||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 day ago||a734547007||66||Read full essay|
|2 years 2 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
|2 years 11 months ago||flowerft2007||66||Read full essay|
|3 years 11 months ago||EugeneDubinchuk||60||Read full essay|
|4 years 1 month ago||someguy89||73.3333||Read full essay|
- 17.The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a laboratory study of liquid antibacterial hand soaps, a concentrated solution of UltraClean produced a 40 percent greater reduction in the bacteria population th (58)
- The following appeared in a letter from a firm providing investment advice to a client."Homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last year that region expe (54)
- 1.The main benefit of the study of history is to dispel the illusion that people living now are significantly different from people who lived in earlier times.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the stateme (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from the president of Bower Builders, a company that constructs new homes."A nationwide survey reveals that the two most-desired home features are a large family room and a large, well-appointed kitchen. A number of h (58)
- . Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement a (66)
- 14.The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of marketing at Dura-Sock, Inc."A recent study of our customers suggests that our company is wasting the money it spends on its patented Endure manufacturing process, which ensures that our (60)
- 1.In order for any work of art — for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song — to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain y (58)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (44)
- 1.The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for (66)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctions, because t (43)