Claim While boredom is often expressed with a sense of self satisfaction it should really be a source of embarrassment Reason Boredom arises from a lack of imagination and self motivation Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree

Claim: While boredom is often expressed with a sense of self-satisfaction, it should really be a source of embarrassment.

Reason: Boredom arises from a lack of imagination and self-motivation.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Can boredom truly be embarrasing? Everybody, at a point in time, feel bored. Should we really feel embarrassed while being bored? This shouldn’t be because boredom is a natural feeling felt when one is idle or one is performing a duty monotously. While boredom might sometimes arise from lack of imagination and self motivation, it might also arise from other factors apart from this lack of imagination and self-motivation. Thus, boredom should not be a source of embarrassment but show be looked at as a natural feeling one could easily overcome.
Some might argue that boredom should be embarrasing as it stems from lack of self-motivation and imagination. Some might even move further to say one experience boredom when one is out of ideas, thoughts or when one is tired of one’s duty. This might be true because because as one tends to run out ideas, frustration sets in and when frustration set in, it might definitely lead to boredom.

But on the other hand, boredom stems mostly from idleness. One easily get bored when one has nothing doing. As the popular saying goes, ‘the idle mind is the devil’s workshop’. This is to say that devil tend to use a bored mind most often to perpetuate it activities. Imagine someone that has gotten use to going to work five days a week on rush hours, such person will definitely feel bored on weekends because his body system is accustomed to regular activity of going to work everyday. Also, imagine one who is used to working 8 hours a day and on a certain day, probably due to machine failure, was forced to stop working after just 4 hours of resumption. Such person will definitely get bored. Thus, as the foregone examples have portrayed, boredom is not as a result of lack of imagination but as a result of idleness.

Furthermore, ennui can also arrive from routine job. human body tends to get of jobs performed routinely. Consider a tailor that only sits all day behind the sewing machine and sews cloth. Such tailor might not feel bored in the early hours of work, but as the tailor spend more hours sewing the same cloth, he might tend to feel bored. Also, consider a factory worker who performs a duty routinely. Such worker will definitely get bored as he hasn’t been provided the opportunity to change task. Ergo, one can see that boredom is not as a result of lack of imagination but monotously performing a duty.

In conclusion, ennui arises from a lot of factors but the most important factors that causes boredom are idleness and routine performance of work. Take for instance, a person who has gotten used to been busy almost all the time and was one day - hampered by some circumstances – couldn’t perfom any duty. Such person will definitely get bored. Also, a person who performs same duty on a regular basis will get bored. Thus, boredom shouldn’t be seen as a source of embarrasment but a natural feeling one can overcome by getting busy or changing regular activity.