The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them, not by their contemporaries.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you t

The greatness of individuals can be decided only by those who live after them, not by their contemporaries.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Greatness of an individual is a subjective quality. Disparate generations will define it differently based on their understanding of the concept. As such greatness can be decided by the contemporaries and also by the future generations. However the future generations have advanced knowledge and developed understanding than the past contemporaries, thus they are better arbiters. Hence i agree that the greatness of individuals should be decided by those who live after them.

Oftentimes the work a particular individuals is unlike anything that the world has ever seen. In such cases...

Such examples shows that
Such examples show that

On the contrary the future generation have an advanced understanding
On the contrary the future generations have an advanced understanding

Such examples exemplifies that
Such examples exemplify that