Essay topics: If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The following argument is flawed for numerous reasons. Primarily, it is based on the unwarranted assumption that, the three electric generating plants in operation for the past twenty years have always met the required needs and that the construction of new generating plants will not be necessary, rendering its main conclusion that, the total demand for electricity in our area will not increase — and may decline slightly, invalid.
The argument fails to provide any justification how the electric generating plants that always met the necessary needs for past twenty years, will still continue to do the same, in present and future as well. Alongwith this, the author states without nay evidence that there is no need for concstruction of new generating plants. Had the argument provided information regarding, the condition and maintainance of the three generating plants. Even then, the argument further needs to prove that, the generating plants that were sufficient for the electricty needs, twenty years back, are still not lacking the needs of the present and the future. The author needs to consider many other factors like, the population change of that specific area, that will affect the required electric needs.
Also, the argument leaves many unaswered questions. It mentions several recent surveys indicating that home owners are increasingly eager to conserve energy. It doesn't provide any information regarding what percentage of the homes were surveyed. Also, it doesn't mention when and where the surveys were conducted. The argument is still lacking beacuse it doesn't contain any information anything regarding what were the questions included in the survey and how many were directly related to conserving teh energy. This leaves a lot of space for doubt.
In general, the author fails to make a convincing argument because of lack of statistical data and facts. Also, the argument is based on many unwarranted assumptions. The argument could have strengthened if the author provided information regarding facts like, population of the area twenty years ago verus today, the homes percentage of included in survey, how the manufactures marketing home appliances are energy efficient. Then, the argument ends with an optimistic conclusion based on wishy-washy observations, that are likely to be incorrect.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 1 day ago||nikkk||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 4 days ago||echoingdowns||16||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 day ago||fernanf||83||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||saloni.p||58||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 weeks ago||Anuraag97||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||Ghader||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||sanket007||50||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||kobiniloy74||66||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||AMARDEEP KOUR GEDHU||50||Read full essay|
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo
- Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (66)
- The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire villag (75)
- The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire villag (74)
- Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. (79)
- The following is a letter to the editor of the Waymarsh Times."Traffic here in Waymarsh is becoming a problem. Although just three years ago a state traffic survey showed that the typical driving commuter took 20 minutes to get to work, the commute n (48)
- We can learn much more from people whose views we share than from people whose views contradict our own. (50)
- According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic en (48)
- College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to (50)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition. (70)