Learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline students cannot be motivated by school or college alone Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position yo

Learning is primarily a matter of personal discipline; students cannot be motivated by school or college alone.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Learning is a process that is very different pathways for diverse students: some can easily understand a topic, and some take a long time to comprehend. However, it is all about how much a student is ready to gain knowledge. The prompt stated that school or college can not encourage the students alone to learn unless they do not intend by themselves. I strongly agree with the statement and my reasons are described in this writing.

Firstly, people learn what they feel is interesting: teachers can lecture or urge the students all the day long, but after the class, students will forget everything as they don’t enjoy studying. For example, engineering universities have a huge number of students who are forced to take the subject due to parents' pressure or the latest subject popularity in job sectors. But most of these students then succumb to boringness and monotony as they don’t find any curiosity on that subject, or they can not conceive the knowledge. Although colleges are trying to inspire those pupils, they are only attending the classes without learning anything and passing only by studying before the exam. As a result, a large number of engineers are graduating but without having skills. So, learning completely relies on the students— their enthusiasm to learn can only make them a specialist in their corresponded subject.

Secondly, school and college can only teach students but the perception to understand only depends on them. Many local schools that are rarely any good to teach have students who are exceptional and achieving many things only because they are eager to learn. For example, Nelson Mandela studied in a poor condition school, but he was very keen to learn and the rest of history the world knows. He became a famous leader of the era and people deeply respect him for his wisdom. So, learning is all self-concern: if anyone wants to gain knowledge then there is no obstacle to forbid him.

Thirdly, a disciplined student can prosper in life despite how obtuse he may be; he can overcome his difficulties by himself through the hardworking. For example, Edison was called ‘addled’ by one of his teachers as he could not perform well in school. His mother then schooled him at home and because of his discipline and personal interest, he was capable of covert himself a scholar who has hundreds of patents in his name—he has invented the light bulb, a motion picture camera, and many more. His history can teach people learning is a self-motivated process-- if you are industrious and diligent, then you can learn every uncomprehensive problem without having any robust mentor.

In conclusion, schools and colleges are merely institutions that show the students approach how to and what to learn, but it depends on the students how willing they are to be taught. Therefore, with self-motivation and assiduousness, any learner can gain knowledge with or without the inspiration of his schools and colleges.