In most professions and academic fields imagination is more important than knowledge Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your position be sure to address the most comp

In most professions and academic fields, imagination is more important than knowledge.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The given prompt aligns with the well-known saying of Albert Einstein “Imagination is more important than knowledge”. Commonly, imagination is something that we create in our mind, and knowledge is the information that we comprehend. In every profession or field, we have witnessed the role of both imagination and knowledge in one form or the other. I mostly disagree with the given prompt because knowledge gives birth to imagination and also without knowledge imagination would never be a reality.
Firstly, will a newly born child ever imagine about inventing flying cars or about establishing life outside planet? The answer is an obvious “no” because at that time he or she will not even understand what cars or planets are. But as he or she gradually grows up and gains knowledge about various aspects of the world, only then the imagination begins. Will one be able to even imagine about defying gravity when, in the first hand, the person has no knowledge about what gravity is? Only after having a certain level of understanding, we march towards imagining the topic from different aspects. Therefore, without knowledge, imagination is not possible. Our knowledge in fact propels us to think outside the box. Hence, knowledge plays more vital role in any profession or academic fields.
Admittedly, imagination has no bounds—one can imagine about building up a new world or even about destroying the entire universe. But such imaginations possess no significance unless one has the knowledge to make it a reality. For example, during the outbreak of Corona virus, who might not have imagined about formulating the vaccine. But only those with the knowledge about such vaccination and viruses could contribute and others had no other choice than to wait. Would Mark Zukerberg have been able to build up Facebook without the knowledge of programming? All such examples where people have achieved success and made their imagination a reality because of the application of knowledge clearly depicts that knowledge is more important.
Lastly, without comprehensive knowledge, our imagination can even lead to havoc. For instance, a person imagining to build nuclear weapons might strive towards it; however, if he does not have the knowledge about how incendiary such weapons can be, then the person might ruin himself and his vicinity. Similarly, a person imagining climbing Mt. Everest will definitely fail without the knowledge of ways to surmount the obstacles he or she might have to face. To avoid such repercussions, we have to have adequate knowledge rather than just relying on our imaginations. The current trend of emphasizing only on the imagination and not on the knowledge is clearly portrayed by the increasing number of startups which do not last for more than few years. Even though there might be different other reasons for such downfalls, it is often seen that entrepreneurs live in the utopia where they assume that even without having proper knowledge about the market needs, tactics and other essentials they can succeed. Hence, one cannot outweigh the importance of knowledge and claim imagination to be more important.
In summation, knowledge ignites imagination and shows ways to transmute the imaginations into realities, whereas mere imagination can even jeopardize one’s life. Therefore, in every field, knowledge is necessary to succeed and sustain.