Essay topics: The charts below show how the percentage of their food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurant and sit-down restaurant.
The four charts and the graph give information about meal consumption of the average family over 40 years split into ten-year periods, with a further classification by type of restaurant.
According to the data given by the four charts and the graph, it can be clearly seen that fast food and sit-down restaurant recorded an escalating number of meals while the home cooking has dramatically decreased in reputation amongst people.
Having an analysis by the level of percentage, in 1970 only 10% of money spent on restaurant meals brings a profit of 20 meals per year to both restaurants. Ten years later, there is a decrease of 5% in the home cooking budget which represents an addition of 10 and 15 meals per year to the sit-down restaurant, respectively fast food. In 1990, the money paid for out-going food has increased rapidly to 35%. Meanwhile, the sit-down restaurant recorded 45 meals per year, less than fast food with 10 meals per year. In 2000, the food budget is spent half on home and half on restaurant meals. The fast food recorded the highest number of meals per year (85), twice than the sit-down restaurant (50).
- In the past decade, concerns regarding the safety of traditionally grown produce have arisen. Many chemicals are being used to control pests on crops, which have prompted some consumers to begin purchasing “organic” produce - fruits and vegetables tha (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (60)
- Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. (80)
- Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, a concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. (70)
- Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first (80)
- In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th, 2006, Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system. Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interfe (70)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement? (70)
- The charts below show how the percentage of their food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurant and sit-down restaurant. (80)
- Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples. (80)