Your friend invited you to his her birthday party but you were unable to attend Write a letter to apologize for your absence In your letter State why you could not go Explain your reason for not contacting your friend sooner Suggest another time to meet

Your friend invited you to his/her birthday party, but you were unable to attend. Write a letter to apologize for your absence. In your letter:
• State why you could not go
• Explain your reason for not contacting your friend sooner
• Suggest another time to meet

Dear Jenifer,
I hope you have been in a good health and your birthday party went smoothly. I want to attend that party but I am extremly apologetic that I could not attend.
I have been assigned with an extra shifts in my department because there was shortage of staff. As you know christmas is about to come and everyone was struggling to go on holiday. It creates a humongous situation in the department and manager has requested me to be oncall.
my department is very busy nowadays because this is the only hospital that opens 24 hours and tackling the influx of patients in the vicinity. I had been on call and couldn't contact you before. I couldn't catch up my daily home chores and family tasks.
Now, other coworkers will be available next week so, I will have a time-off in the next month. I would be glad to see you next month and we will have fun!
I must say that please let me know about the dates for your availability so that I can book those days for holiday in advance. I am super excited to plan my trip to new york and my excitement is sky high to meet you in the near future!

Pay my regards to your family. hope to see you soon!
Yours sincerely,
Mubi