Essay topics: Many magazines have pictures of famous people on holiday or with their families.
Is it acceptable for famous people to have less privacy than other people?
Many think that the personal lives of well-known people might be violated by an intrusive media. Although the stated viewpoint is widespread, there are perhaps stronger reasons to argue against this opinion as will now be presented.
Primarily, having privacy is a basic psychological need of any human being. Although people are social creatures, some psychologists have proved that a certain degree of privacy is needed to maintain mental and physical health. In fact, research which was conducted on such social animals as rats and chimps has decisively showcased that constant exposure to the observer has an adverse effect on the overall health condition of the objects.
In addition, prominent individuals are also citizens; thus, they have a right to have personal life as much as anyone else, and the law protects this right. In other words, the law does not make a distinction between celebrities and people who are not considered famous. Consequently, violation of the law is punishable and reproachable.
Finally, some might state that a lack of privacy is a price to be paid for being famous, and that when a person becomes popular, their personal lives automatically become interesting to the public and as a result this interest ought to be satisfied. Although there is a certain merit to this argument, the subject’s lack of control regarding what is revealed publicly is what negates this opinion.
To sum up, famous people should not be deprived of their personal life because violation of privacy may have negative health consequences. Moreover, there are legal issues at stake, as the law has a clear protocol for all citizens, regardless of their social position.
- 08/11/2017You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home, you found you had left some important papers at the hotel.Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.Say where you think you left the papers.Explain why they are so importantTel (77)
- 08/11/2017Some people think that if a country is already rich any addition in economic wealth does not make its citizens happier. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own kn (79.5)
- 08/11/2017You recently noticed a local restaurant that was offering a part-time job.Write a letter to the restaurant's manager. In your letter,. explain that you would like to apply for the job. give some details of any relevant experience that you have. (79.5)
- 07.11.2017 A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and (76.5)
- 07/11/2017 Team activities can teach more skills for life than other activities which are played alone. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (77)
- 07/11/2017A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening.Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:explain arrangements you have made for them to have keys and g (71.5)
- 05/11/2017Nowadays many people are diagnosed with anorexia what do you think the causes of this are? What can be done to improve the situation? (79.5)
- 05.11.2017You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say– what was the item– why it was important that you get it immediately– what you suggest t (89.66670000000001)
- 04/11/2017Your neighbours have a dog that is noisy at night. You can’t sleep. Write a letter to your neighbours. In your letter:– describe the problem with the dog– explain why it is important for you to sleep– outline what your neighbours could d (80.5)
- 04/11/2017 Nowadays people usually retire at the age of 60 or 65, but some want to keep working as long as they can. Is this a positive or a negative development? Give you own opinion and relevant examples. (82)