Essay topics: Overpopulation in many major urban centers around the world is a major problem. What are the causes of this? How can this problem be solved?
With a sharp increase in the population of the main cities of the world, overpopulation has become a challenging task for the nations to manage. Imbalanced migration in search of better lifestyle is the major cause behind this overcrowding of urban centers, and I believe that the government’s focus on the development of countryside’s can surely solve this problem.
Overpopulation of mega-cities is cause by the imbalanced migration, whereby more and more people from rural areas are moving into urban areas. This migration is attributed by a number of reasons. Firstly, the basic facilities such as medical and education are not up to the mark in the villages. For providing better education to the children and medical facilities to the family, individuals prefer to leave their countryside houses to settle down in cities. Secondly, urban centers offer a wide variety of employment opportunities and to grab these, professionals are migrating to metro-cities in search of a better earning lifestyle. Finally, lack of proper transportation infrastructure makes commuting from a village to a city extremely hectic and time consuming, that people opt to leave their ancestral homes behind to migrate to cities.
The best way to solve this problem would be to develop the country side in order to reduce the burden of the metro-cities. The government should spend more on improving the medical, education and transportation infrastructure in the villages. In this way, people in the rural areas will get the basic amenities at par with the urban people. Furthermore, employment opportunities can be increased by motivating the establishment of the start-ups in the suburbs by providing subsidy to the budding entrepreneurs. For instance, if all the provisions like that of jobs, literacy and health are provided at the door steps of the people living in the rural areas of the country, then why would they be keen to migrate to cities leaving the nature’s lap behind?
In conclusion, the government should tackle the problem of overcrowding of the urban areas by focusing more on the development of the rural areas. If villages are developed, then people in the mega-cities would be relieved of the problem of congestion in their cities.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||Bilal-88||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||Milan karki||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Manpreet1809||56||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Manpreet1809||67||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||anquynhlee||56||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 weeks ago||ishkum||67||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||Kappa||67||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||Kappa||73||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||A VATSAL KUMAR||73||Read full essay|
|10 months 1 week ago||joennika214||78||Read full essay|
- With the rise of e-books comes the decline in paper books. Some people see this as a good step while other do not. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? (78)
- Some people think that it would be better for large companies and industry to move to regional areas outside large urban centers. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (73)
- It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing school and going to university. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this? (78)
- Success is often measured by wealth and material belongings. Do you think wealth is the best measure of success? What makes a successful person? (84)
- Most people agree that money cannot be happiness. Why is happiness difficult to define? How can people achieve happiness? (78)
- News plays an important part of most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead? (73)
- More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this problem? (73)
- Overpopulation in many major urban centers around the world is a major problem. What are the causes of this? How can this problem be solved? (73)
- With the development of social media, more and more youngsters are being allowed unsupervised to access to the internet in order to meet and chat with their friends which can lead to potentially dangerous situations. What solutions can you suggest to deal (73)
- In many developing countries, there is a problem with declining quality of air and water from both industry and construction. What measures could be taken to prevent them? (78)