Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more interesting to read a good book or see a good movie the second time than the first. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
I agree with the statement that it's more interesting to read a book or watch a movie for the second time than the first. I feel this way for many reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.
First and foremost, we do not get to learn all the details from the first time. In addition, it's common that some ideas are hard to understand or comprehend from the first glance. My own experience is a compelling example on what I mean. When I read the book "Cosmos" for Carl Sagan, I did not pick up certain concepts that were elaborated in many chapters. However, the second time I read it, I was intrigued by the information presented by the author.
Secondly, the first reading is alway stressful. This is mainly due to the fact that we are concerned to finish the book fast. On the other hand, reading for the second time allows us to be more focused and enjoy the book we have without any pressure. For instance, whenever I am working on a long book, I am often looking forward to reaching the end. Thus, I do not give myself the opportunity to relax and contemplate what I read.
Lastly, sometimes, we choose to read a book more than once because it's just a masterpiece. This mostly applies to breathtaking novels, such as the ones written by heavyweight writers. For example, I had so much pleasure and joy reading the novel "Withering Heights'.that I had it in my workplace so that whenever I went there, I was able to read a paragraph or two in any free time I had.
To conclude, I am of the opinion that reading a book for the second time is more enjoyable than the first. This is because some fascinating facts are just hidden between lines and we usually do not notice them at first. Besides, we take our time while reading or watching for the second time without pushing ourselves. Furthermore, some artworks are so exciting that they never get boring.
- london and german fossils (86)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a member of a group than to be a leader of a group. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (86)
- online pharmacies (83)
- Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students.Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students. Discuss theseviews. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. (90)
- methane gas explosion vs asteroid (80)
- tunguska (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (88)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (76)
- Some students prefer to study at a large university that has several thousand students. Other students prefer studying at a small school that has only a few hundred students. Which type of these two types of schools do you prefer? (60)